Use code KNC141118212916 At check out to save 10% all through Dec on items in our store, does not apply to items we have to order in. Nov 28-Dec 23
This is how Jones Bee hives their packages:
1a. Bottom board
1b. One super/box ready to go, Frames and feeder if you use the In-hive feeder, I was out when I took the pictures.
1c. One empty super/box no frames.
1d. One hive top, and inner if used.
2. This is how your hive should look when you arrive with your package.
2a. You want to have premixed a small amount of powdered sugar and water to the consistency of frosting ready to go.
3. Remove lid from your hive
3a. Then remove feed can from your package.
3b. Pull the metal tab on the top towards the opening, and out knock off any hitchhikers.
At the bottom of the queen cage there will be a wooden cork, take a Nail or screw and pull out. Do not push in. The queen can't get out around it. Place your finger over the hole while you get some of the frosting to seal her in, since she has traveled with the bees she only needs to be held for about 15 minutes. Just long enough to allow the commotion to settle down so they don't ball her. It also assist with her not flying off. If your not sure, take her into the car so if she gets away you can catch her again.
5. Now slide her in to the center of the frames in the bottom super/box. Make sure she is facing the out, not into the foundation next to her. Like shown.
6. Now the queen is in the box, take your package of bees, and gently set them atop your queen with a gentle thump to knock so down on your queen. Set your feeder can in as well they should be set for the first night.
7. Set your lid back on, and walk away.
8. The next Day: